Saturday, October 25, 2014

Web Design

Today was my last day of "Web Art and Design" at OCADU in Toronto. It has been such a neat class, and definitely a great use of my Saturday mornings.

It taught me the basics of HTML and CSS, two things I have been very interested in learning for a while. It has taught me a ton, and although there is lots more to learn, I now have the basics to keep going and learning on my own.

The best thing I learned was how to make the horizontal menu. It's basic, but it is also what you need to get the look I wanted for my site. I'm very excited to be able to have this new skill in my back pocket. 

I had 6 classes, and did make 6 websites, but I only have my most recent 4 here. The first two were... very basic! We focused more on the HTML for the first two classes, and the CSS is what makes websites pretty! I definitely enjoyed the classes even more once we incorporated the CSS! 

My goal now is to make a basic website that can be a hub for all of my online stuff. Youtube, blog, etc, all of it in one easy spot. I think it would be fun to put together a digital portfolio of some of my favourite creations. I'm not sure if my skills are good enough just yet, but with the internet and google, I'm sure I can get there! :)

Next I'm hoping to expand my photoshop and graphic design skills with another OCADU class... thankfully they run lots of them! 

1 comment:

  1. Learning the basics of creating a website can be very exciting. The best part is that you can take what you learn and apply it to your website, so that it will become even more beautiful and more inviting -- which hopefully converts to more people visiting it. Because isn't that the main purpose of every website -- to gain new friends who you can share your opinions with, as well as your cool projects. It’s a plus that it can be useful too when you decide to have a business in the future. Enjoy!

    Clinton Brewer @ Firecrest Digital

    ReplyDelete