Sunday, November 18, 2012

Something Sunday 46: Laundry Bag

Last week, I mentioned a list of things I hope to make before I move... Here is a reminder of my goals:

Still on my list of things to make before I move in three 1.5 weeks:
Laundry bag for when I travel (done! And you're looking at it!)
- Case for all my tools (done, you'll see it next week!)
- Lens cap case (done, but I'm saving this one!)
Patchwork lanyard for my keys (done, but I'm saving this one too!)
Travel sewing kit
- Pillow case to match my new bed quilt
- Messenger bag (Still not sure if I'll be able to get this one done in time...)
- Christmas gifts for my immediate family (4 different gifts)

I really surprised myself this week with how much I got done! I'm so happy to feel so close to being ready!

To sew the laundry bag I used In Color Order's Lined Draw String Bag tutorial (She's American, I didn't spell colour wrong!). It is such a great simple tutorial, and easy to alter for different sizes. I used the same size, but I didn't square the corners because I wanted the bag to be able to lay flat when it's empty.


The fabric I used for the majority of the outside of the bag is actually a map of the London Underground. I found it very fitting for my travel laundry bag!


I'm sure any backpackers reading this will think I'm nuts making space for this in my backpack, but I reaaaally hate it when my dirty socks and undies are mixed in with my clean clothes. So for me, this is well worth it!

To find out what the 'Something' project is all about click here
To see the first 45 'Something's' click here

ps: The reason I'm saving so many of the items I've made on my list is because I want to have a few projects saved up for the weeks before, after and during the move. Just in case I can't get anything new made during those three weeks these items will be what I share on my Something Sundays. But I'm very excited to share them all with you in the weeks to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment