Saturday, December 3, 2011

My Very First Quilt


I haven't posted about my first quilt on this blog yet, and I thought it was about time. I love this quilt.
The quilt taught me how to sew, and follow through, and move forward, and have focus.
It taught me how to have patients, and the importance of having your own hobbies and interests.
Looking back at it, even though I would never use those fabrics again, I'm so glad I did. They are low quality, and over powering and there are a lot of things I might not do again, but I love that I did them with this quilt when I really didn't know what I was doing.
When you don't know that there is a 'right way' to quilt, you're not afraid of doing it wrong. (I miss that sometimes.. I get a little caught up in doing it 'right' now that I have been sewing and quilting for a while)
 Despite the fact that this is my first quilt, the back of it is still my favorite of all the quilts I have made. I really love when you can see the stitches from the quilting.
Here it is in my old room (lets keep in mind this is not the room of a 12 year old, but at 21 year old Engineering major!)

Go leafs..
There you have it. My very first quilt, and a few thoughts on what it means to me and why I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment