Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WiP Wednesday!

I have never linked up with Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday, but I need some advise so I am getting involved!

I can not decide how to quilt my latest quilt. I was thinking simply straight lines all the way down the whole thing, but with the grid pattern I'm not sure? My other idea was square quilting  within the squares, and then simply straight lines in between the border fabric, if that makes sense?

Here is the quilt top for some reference:



Thanks for any opinions!  :)

5 comments:

  1. What a beauty! You could do squares around the squares in the border fabric, that would be cool, or even smaller squares in the borders, that would be neat too! Simple straight lines would also look interesting! Good luck deciding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feed back! Hopefully I can decide soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a double or triple line in the borders would look awesome!
    I think I would stay away from quilting inside the blocks as it would take away from the gorgeous fabrics you used in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I would suggest borders on big and little blocks. Good luck and hope to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Gorgeous! I love the colors! If you're new at quilting, I'd just go with straight lines, especially since the quilt has so many in it already. Personally, I don't think anyone can go wrong with straight lines. I did them for years! You could also go with diagonials, or just do an all over design (or just take it to a long arm quilter!). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete